When you have the band-versus-dj discussion, you need to think about what each has to offer before signing a contract. A great dj is better than a mediocre band any day, but a live band has wonderful energy that you can’t get from recorded music. You decide which fits your party (and budget) better.
Reasons to book a DJ:
- He’s affordable.
- Will play any song you want.
- Can work in small spaces without a lot of equipment.
- Keeps music going during the entire party with no lull.
- Is trained to choreograph the reception and make announcements.
Reasons to book a band:
- They make a more dramatic presentation, with musicians, vocalists, and all those instruments.
- Have unique personalities.
- Their infectious energy can get people on the dance floor.
- Guests who don’t dance will still enjoy watching the show.
- Live music is more emotional, which is what the day is all about.
Photography: Stephane Lemaire